Conditions of let for The Gate Lodge
When your booking is confirmed by the payment of a deposit you are entering into a contract between you, the visitor and us, The Gate Lodge Please read the following conditions of let carefully. If you are uncertain about any point please ask for an explanation.
- 1. The letting period normally runs from 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10.00 hrs on the day of departure. This may be varied by prior arrangement.
- 2. A firm booking is made on receipt of your online booking request, or booking form by post or e-mail and deposit. You are then due to pay the balance due within 4 weeks of arrival.
- 3. In the event of a cancellation, as things stand, you remain liable for the full cost of the holiday. If there is no Cancellation Insurance in place, and we are able re-let a cancelled stay, we will refund your deposit less a handling charge of £10. We will always try our best to relet in order to refund you. Re-letting at short notice, or in the off-season can be difficult, so it is better to have Cancellation Insurance in place.
- 4. Only the number of people on the booking form may occupy the booked accommodation though extra guests are welcome as long as we know about it in advance. Sub-letting or assignation of the Let is prohibited.
- 5. The person who makes the booking will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, for any loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents, given fair wear and tear, during the rental period.
- 6. The cottages should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported immediately. If the cottages require excessive cleaning after you leave, an extra charge of £25 may be made.
- 7. Your personal property is not the responsibility of The Gate Lodge. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- 8. You may bring pets by arrangement. Pets should bring their own bedding, must be house-trained, are not allowed on furniture and beds and should never be left unattended in the cottage unless in an appropriate cage. Out of doors, dogs should be kept under control. Fouling should be cleared up.
- 9. The Gate Lodge is strictly no smoking inside.
- 10. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our control, we will take steps to find you similar alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then all sums paid by you will be refunded and we will have no further liability to you or any other party.
- 11. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property - in any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such a case any refund would be entirely at our discretion.
- 12. The property let as The Gate Lodge is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.